The Friends of the Euclid Public Library is an organization of involved citizens who promote the library's position as the educational hub for all residents of the City of Euclid. Members represent all walks of life, all economic strata and all kinds of interests. What unites them is a common goal to stimulate interest in the library, its many services, activities and needs.
In 2015, our library celebrated 80 years of service to the community.
Take a quick look at the history and many years of service of the Friends of the Library!
What We Do:
Friends actively support the Euclid Public library in many ways, including:
- Interpret library services and needs to the community and share the community's needs with the library staff.
- Enhance library service by providing special equipment.
- Provide volunteers for library services and events.
- Solicit support from Euclid businesses.
- Publish a newsletter of information and events.
- Sponsor two annual book sales.
- Offer attractive library-related products for sale.
- Encourage donations, gifts, and bequests to enrich the library's collection and services.
- Seek monetary gifts to the Friends' endowment fund to provide continuing financial support.
- Plan special programs for the community: book and author luncheons, guest speakers, films, summer Concerts in the Gardens, exhibits and demonstrations.
Over the years, the Friends have funded scholarships to graduating library employees going to college, purchased prizes for the summer contests held by the Outreach, Children's, Adult and Young Adult departments and bought materials for the library. Additionally, they bought supplies and furniture for our Sparkle Spot playroom.
How Can I Join?
You may pick up an envelope at the library, or address one to The Friends of the Euclid Public Library, 631 East 222nd St., Euclid, OH 44123. If you have any questions, you may contact the Friends via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your dues may be tax deductible if you itemize.
- You receive early notification of Friends events.
- You receive issues of the Friends Newsletter.
- A special preview of the book sale is open to "members only" the evening before the sale opens to the public.
The membership fees are:
- Individual/Family - $5.00
- Book Collector - $10.00
- Special Friend - $25.00
- Book Lover - $50.00
- Book Conservator - $75.00
- Book Connoisseur - $100
- Special Gift - any amount
Let's be Friends! Join today!