WHAT IS THE MOBILE HOTSPOT LENDING PROGRAM?
The mobile hotspot lending program allows you to check out a Wi-Fi hotspot to connect to the internet from almost anywhere! A hotspot is a small wireless access point providing internet access to mobile devices such as your laptop, smartphone or tablet. Hotspots are portable, so you can connect your device to the internet almost anywhere you are, at home, on the bus or in the park. The hotspot device works in any area covered by the Sprint 3G or 4G LTE network.
GUIDELINES FOR BORROWING AND USE
- Only adult patron library cards in good standing may be used to check out a hotspot.
- Hotspots have one checkout, one renewal and are now holdable.
- Holds will only be placed on adult cards. Patrons may go to the Help Desk to place a hold on a hotspot.
- There is a waiting period for checking out hotspots for new cardholders. Adult patrons must have a library card for at least 7-days before checking out a hotspot.
- Borrower is limited to checking out one mobile hotspot at a time.
- The same patron may not consecutively check out the same hotspot.
WHAT COMES IN A HOTSPOT KIT?
- 1 case
- 1 Mobile hotspot
- 1 Micro USB AC Charger
- 1 Insert
WHERE SHOULD I RETURN A HOTSPOT KIT?
Hotspots must be returned to the Euclid Public Library in one of our two book drops.
Hotspots may not be available right away due to processing.
WHAT IF I RETURN A HOTSPOT LATE OR LOST IT?
The borrower is responsible for costs associated with loss or damage of the hotspots and/or chargers, cases, etc. The overdue fines for a hotspot are $1.00 per day with a maximum fine of $3.00.
The wireless service on the hotspot will be turned off if the hotspot is not returned on the due date.
If individual parts of the kit are lost or damaged, the following replacement costs will be the responsibility of the borrower.
- Mobile Hotspot replacement fee: $45.00
- Micro USB AC Charger replacement: $7.00
- Case replacement: $8.00
HOW MANY DEVICES CAN BE CONNECTED TO A HOTSPOT?
Up to ten (10) devices can be connected to the hotspot device at one time.
For further help consult the Hotspot Quick Start Guide, below.