The Youth Services Department is pleased to offer inclusive storytimes for children and adults with unique needs with many thanks to the Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities for providing grant funding.
What makes a storytime inclusive?
- An inclusive storytime presents stories that include children from different backgrounds including race, religion, socioeconomic status, ability, and more.
- An inclusive storytime supports all children including children with disabilities and English Learners.
- An inclusive storytime presents stories using adaptation and modifications to support the needs of all children.
- An inclusive storytime embraces children with and without disabilities to participate in storytimes together
- An inclusive storytime provides a sense of belonging for all.
When will our storytimes take place?
This summer, we will present five (5) inclusive storytimes geared toward children. The dates are:
- Wednesday, May 11 at 12:00 PM
- Wednesday, June 8 at 12:00 PM
- Wednesday July 27 at 12:00 PM
- Wednesday, August 17 at 12:00 PM
- Wednesday, August 24 at 12:00 PM
We will also present two (2) inclusive storytimes geared toward adults with unique needs. The dates are:
Click on the dates and times above to register. Registration is encouraged to ensure we have enough supplies for all in attendance.
What else should you know?
Euclid Public Library will make available a bag with activities ten (10) days before each program. The purpose of the bags is to promote our inclusive storytimes. A limited quantity of bags will be available while supplies last.
At the conclusion of each program, each family in attendance will receive a take-home bag to continue the learning experiences after the programs. Bags may include manipulatives, books, activities, and more. One bag per family while supplies last. Registration is encouraged to ensure we have enough supplies for all families in attendance. Click on the dates and times above to register.
In addition to a Euclid Public Library staff member, a co-facilitator with unique needs vetted by the Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities will assist with presenting the program. It is important that children and adults with unique needs see themselves represented in inclusive programming.
We are proud to present these programs using funds provided by Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities.